Friday 11 October 2013

Mineral Make-up: Fad or Fact

I recently read a blog about a lady who had stopped using regular foundation and switched to Mineral powder. It was one of those blogs I stumbled upon in the early hours of 1 of my insomniac phases and I cannot for the life of me remember her blog name.
She had stated that the chemicals in regular foundation actually contributed to a bad skin and showed photos of her skin.
There are conflicting views as to whether mineral makeup really is better than regular foundation.
If something has less chemicals in it, how can it not be better?

This convinced me enough to give it a go.
I had run out of foundation and needed to buy more, so I decided on the Extra Virgin Mineral powder from The body Shop instead. At R190 (about $19) this was a relatively low capital outlay for a "foundation"

I have always been self concious of my skin.
Besides my really pale complexion which makes the redness so much more conspicuous, I suffered from acne when I was 13. As a result I have never been able to shake the insecurity.

I have been using the powder for about 2 weeks and boy can I see a difference!
I wish I had taken a before photo.
My skin tone has improved dramatically. It is more even and less mottled. The skin is smoother and softer to the touch.
I have very oily skin (even makeup promising matte results for 12 hours do not last) and within the 1st 2 weeks of using it, I had a very shiny complexion - needing to touch up during the day.
It seems to have settled down a bit and although still oily, a light extra dusting covers it completely.

I may have found a new favourite product!





Photobucket

4 Comments:

  1. Ok this seems great!
    I'm still struggling with my skin. :(
    I think I might also just try this out! I have horrible combination skin.
    Thank you for the review!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you guys know how my skin is after a few weeks, but I am definitely happy so far.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely a fact! Another great thing about minerals foundation is that you can commit the cardinal sin of wearing make-up and forget to take it off before you go to bed, and it won't ruin your skin the way ''normal'' make-up will. I've been wearing it for years and I won't go back.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.