Monday 14 October 2013

Manicure Monday - Tape Nail Art

This is another easy manicure to do - all you need is a bit of sticky-tape.

I couldn't decide which colour combination to use - this is what I love about all these posts I have done over the past few weeks - the combinations are endless.

I cannot wait to go back and revisit all the designs with different colour combos! :-)

Today's nail-art was fairly easy when I got the hang of cutting the tape into little triangles.

Pink base: OPI All Kendall-ed Up. Top colour: Essie Chinchilly

What you need:
Sticky tape
Scissors to cut tape
2 colours - 1 base, 1 top colour
1 Topcoat


  1. Paint your nails with 2 coats of the lighter colour. Allow to dry very well. (Choose the lighter colour as the base because your last coat is only 1 coat and if it is lighter than the base, the underneath colour shines through - I learnt this after swapping the colour combos on my other hand.)
  2. Cut sticky tape into long, skinny triangles and stick to each nail on the 1 hand (You don't want to let the tape stick onto your nail for too long, it leaves traces of glue behind.)
  3. Paint 1 coat of the darker colour over your nails.
  4. Peel the tape off before the polish becomes tacky - otherwise it makes  "melted cheese off a pizza" strands.
  5. Repeat on the other hand.
  6. Finish off with a top coat to give the nail a smooth finish



The professional result:
Website


 Photobucket

4 Comments:

  1. Oooh I like this!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But now you have pretty Shellac nails, you don't need it! :-)

      Delete
  2. I could never do this! It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you could do this!
      I DARE YOU (when you are off from work, this is your challenge)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.