Monday 20 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter Q


Q is for ... Quad bikes in Mozambique


This is me making my maiden voyage as a Quad Biker:


I think I was the only one in my entire circle of friends who had never ridden a quad bike.

I just never seemed to have had the occasion to - and I have not since then. 

I am extremely accident prone and I think in some way, the universe has kept me away from these beasts. 
I have fallen while standing still on my roller-skates (read; skates, as in 4 wheels per foot) and broken a ligament in my coccyx. It remains broken to this day, which means my coccyx jiggles loose.
I have fallen on my butt whilst ice skating and as a result, the bottom 5 vertebrae are usually fused by inflammation.

So on holiday in Mozambique, I decided to try it out and had the most incredible experience. 
We rode on sand dunes on the beach, we rode through a poor neighbourhood, catching a glimpse of the sadder side you never usually see when on holiday. 
We rode along the rocks on the coastline and stopped to watch the waves violently smashing themselves up against the cliff face. It was a beautiful moment to reflect on the power of Mother Nature.

I only walked away with 1 teeny tiny injury - I had burnt my leg on the exhaust pipe - note to self: wear longer jeans when riding.

I look forward to having another opportunity to ride again - what adventurous activities do you like to partake in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.