Wednesday 22 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter S


S is for ... Solitude 


I am 1 of those people who is comfortable being by myself. 
I remember always being told when I was younger that you are not ready to be happy in a relationship, until you are happy with yourself.
How true those words are.

I have travelled solo on numerous occasions and I am grateful that I was able to experience foreign countries and new experiences because I was willing to travel alone. Too many people hold themselves back by not wanting to be seen alone. 
If only they knew how liberating it was!

One year I spent a few days in Cape Town after a business trip and I visited the beach every day. It was a pretty quiet week.
One day as I was basking in the warmth of the sun I looked up and saw a lady sitting on her own, gazing out at the sea.
I always wonder what runs through a person's mind when they watch the sea or a fire - there is something hypnotic and soul-soothing when doing this.

Was she thinking about her late husband, or was she wishing she had taken that tomboy many years back? Is she wishing she had learn how to tap dance or is she wondering how the new rosemary bread will taste when she bakes it for the family?



What do you think she is daydreaming about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.