Saturday 18 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter P


P is for ... Pocket watch


I started this hobby after I inherited my grandfather's pocket watch (Left of the photo)

I have always been fascinated by that era of old-world sophistication.

I can imagine back to a time where the men would pull out the watch and exclaim, "Dear me, it's time that we were on our way"

I bought my 1st pocket watch in Switzerland, it took me hours to choose the perfect piece. That is the Matterhorn mountain depicted on the front and the back has a beautifully engraved pattern.

The 2nd pocket watch is a recent acquisition from Ireland, made from Mullingar Pewter (1 of the 1D members actually hail from Mullingar, so I took it as a sign that this was the right one for me)


I loved the Celtic Trinity inside the clover design.

The 3 watches currently hang from my wooden tulips (bought in The Netherlands) but I sometimes wish I could actually use them instead of simply displaying them.

Do you collect any interesting articles? Are they displayed or do you use them?

2 Comments:

  1. I need a new pocket watch come to think of it.
    I collect some things, books and games. But what I collect that is out of the ordinary are witches. I have a bunch of miniature witch figures all over my shelves. Love the pointy hats, stripey socks and brooms. The whole bit. I always pick up one while I am on vacation or somewhere new.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine collects witches, I love their stripes socks. I'm always peeking under their skirts to have a peek.
      Thanks for the visit Tim!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.