Sunday 24 February 2013

The Dining Room Dilemma

I have always dreamt about the day I would have my own dining room.
For somebody who hates cooking; I love to entertain.
I like making the table pretty and adding a cute little favour by the person's plate. I love adding atmosphere with carefully placed candles and soft music.

Decor for my dining room was all picked out (in my head) - Dramatic & Modern: -
Simple, black table with clean lines - Richly upholstered chairs in an opulent material such as velvet or a heavily patterned material.
Dark purple curtains and wrought iron candle sticks.

Until I walked past a store and fell in love with a wooden table made of exquisite Emboia wood. I bought it on the spot. (So much for my black, clean-lined table)


My entire design scheme is out the window and now I have to decide on what I want. I am a Gemini and for this very reason, I find that I always like 2 totally different designs.
My dilemma comes in finding the right dining room chairs on a budget. (Who knew it was so darn difficult to find the right chair)
I wish I were able to buy a chair a month, but the problem is, 6 months done the line, they might not have stock and then I will be stuck!
And I would really love to have a house warming party in my new place and have somewhere for the guests to sit!

I love the patterned high-back chair for a more romantic, formal look, and I like the lower chair for a slightly more contemporary style. (My lounge is contemporary & I might like to have a contrast and not the same design style throughout my house)
The upholstered look of chairs and I have Scotchguard at the ready to treat the chairs as soon as I get them.
I realise that wooden chairs are so much easier to clean, but I really do not find them comfortable and a cushion on top slips and slides.

Options:
4 of these...
... and 2 of these?

6 of these?


6 of these?


Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. I love that table. That table has me picturing late nights with red wine, friends and loads of laughter.
    For the chairs - whichever one your guests can sit on for hours i.e. the most comfortable! (that doesn't help at all right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't help at all!! hee hee

      I will be "butt testing" them on Sunday!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.