Thursday 28 November 2013

Bitch & Moan Session

Unhappy
While everybody else is winding down and gleefully making holiday plans, I am resentfully watching them and wishing I could be them.
Christmas is my favourite time of the year. My nephew is almost 3 and this will be his first actual Christmas where he is old enough to enjoy it.
Instead of planning my annual Christmas party with present swapping games, I am not doing anything.

I have been given several new projects at work and have no time to complete them. I will be a month behind schedule when the new year comes.

With all this work weighing on my shoulders - I don't have time for a social life. This is bullshit. It is so easy for friends and family to tell me to regain my balance.
HOW? When I have so much work to do, how do I in good conscience do this.

We will not be receiving any bonuses. Despite the fact that I have worked at least 2 hours over time every single day this year. No bonuses puts me under serious pressure to save for my 2104 trip with mom. Looking at projected savings at the moment, I will not have enough to go over.
I have so much leave due to me that I lose it if I do not take it, but where do I fit it in when I am so far behind schedule?

I will not be getting the assistant that was promised to me.

I have gained so much weight that my fat clothes are now too small for me. I am feeling and looking uncomfortable.
I am sure this is what is also having a huge impact on my mood.

The whole debacle that happened earlier this month hits me every now and then and just adds to the overall feeling of misery.

And that is my moan session complete, thank you for listening. Tomorrow tune in for the happier version of me.



Photobucket

7 Comments:

  1. Ah babe so sorry to hear that things are getting so tough at the moment, I know there is nothing anyone else can say or do to fix it all for you - just know we are here and happy to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, I used to hate that about work; I'd be like you, putting all the hours in, taking on extra work, missing out on family/friends/a social life . . . and all for what? They never thought any more of me, and in the end they just expected it of me. I had enough in the end and took redundancy so that I could spend more time with my family. I know you're not in the position I was in, but I totally understand how you feel: it really sucks. I really hope things improve for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate - it's nice to know that people out there understand where I am coming from.
      I try hard not to be negative, but sometimes a good vent is what is needed!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! :( Sounds like you need a good vent session over a glass of wine!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you worry, girl.... I feel you. November was a very crappy month for me too... :(

    Just remember: 1. Karma exists 2. You can always buy more fat clothes 3. There's a bottle of wine somewhere that is pining for you to open it AND 4. Your local Woolies sells cupcakes. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.