Friday 1 March 2013

Bakubang Pilansberg

Mom recently won an incentive at work - a trip for 4 to Bakubang in the Pilansberg.

Off Tee and I headed with mom and her friend for a girl's weekend away.

It was sorely needed for all of us and to be out amongst nature and enjoying the peacefulness that ensues when you are out of the city is a soothing balm for the soul.

We were so lucky to find ourselves rather close to a lone Elephant on 2 occasions (We suspect it may be an old bull who had been pushed out from his herd)

With my big fancy camera, I discovered that one definitely needs a zoom lens when animal spotting. With no digital zoom to speak of, I really had the worst photos when animals were in the distance drinking and playing in the water.

Mom & I - Self Portrait holding heavy camera!

This Bird thought he was a model, striking poses for ages!

"You're in my way"

Why did the zebra cross the road?

"This is my best side"

Peek-A-Boo!

Just another day in Paradise


Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. Nothing restores the soul like a weekend in the bush xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that elephant - I just feel so sorry for him! (Even though that's just silly, right?!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.