Friday 17 September 2010

Feeling down

I have been having a hard time lately.
I seem to be going through a low patch and have been struggling with my confidence alot.

My health is on a low point (kidneys, ear and now broken tooth today (I suspect that this has something to do with eating toast for dinner for over a month now.)
I cant seem to find the energy to do anything except sleep. (and I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that I am anaemic and not taking my tablets is not helping) yeah yeah I can hear the speech formulating.... it doesnt help.
I have learnt that everything is all about mindset. 
Losing weight, taking my tablets again... I need to get my mind right before I can do anything about it.

I'll think about it...... (that is about all I have energy for anyway)

Anyway - on that note I want to give a special thank you to each and every one of you guys who read my blog and leave comments.
You uplift me and no matter how mad I am feeling - you guys have the ability to cheer me up.

To Claudz and SwissTwist - you guys have been having tough times as well - just know that I am with you, because I understand. 

So on that note - I loved this scene from SATC, it shows the true (and underestimated) strength of friendship.





I Am Woman

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong



Artist: Helen Reddy from "Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits": EMI ST 11467
-peak Billboard position # 1 for 1 week in 1972
-Words and Music by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton

11 Comments:

  1. I feel so much compassion when a fellow "friend" is feeling low. I always wish I had powers to send across and lift their spirits. I love putting energy's into somone one else, stops me from moping around going to to bottom of my garden and eating worms.... Hey... hmmm, what can I do to give a a bit of shunshine, yes shunshine... give me this afternoon to think, and i will let you know. I have an idea, just have to think how to map it out. SwissiMissi. XX with little 'ol lady legs. :0 hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S I do work. SwissMiss XXX0XXX from home, in case you wonder what I do all day......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I think this would be the perfect occassion for my Mom's Bag Of Love. (Said Kate, desperately hoping you know what I'm talking about, lol!)

    Huge, huge, hugs and lots of love are being sent your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are feeling low. But girl! If you need to take tablets to feel better, take the tablets!

    I have to take medication every day for a cronic condition and I have a routine. When I wake up, before I get off the bet I take my meds. It's a habit. I know if I don't take the meds, I will feel awful all day and it will take a week to get back to feeling good, so I take them! You do the same, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SM: I was wondering where you found the time! :-)

    @ Kate: Oh yes I do know what you are talking about!

    @Charlene: Thank you for that - I just swallowed my pill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. I think all of have been here at one time or another.

    Every day just do one thing differently - to begin to move you in the direction you want to go. YOu CAN do it. :-)

    I love your happy chirpy blog and am sad you are feeling blue. Know that you cheer others often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hard times are rough, hence the name. but one of the good things is that we all have some great memories that can make us laugh or feel better even for just 10 seconds. i hope you feel better soon! -reni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all who posted notes - you guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit late....the story of my life these days...
    hope you're feeling better! It's nice to get these things out there...helps a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh honey.. this made me all teary!, thank you for the mention and the care.

    I hope you're starting to feel better already, stronger with all www-love you've been getting (I'm adding a heap of it onto that!)

    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.