Saturday 12 November 2011

The tour that wasn't

We overslept. Again


As a result we missed the bus to our meeting place for our first scheduled tour to James Bond Island. Bye bye 1500baht!

I'm disappointed in our tourguide as we missed them by 5 minutes, he didn't leave any instructions on where to meet them and his phone was off. What the hell?

In the end Tee and I decided to spend a day on Patong beach.



With almost everything to buy on the beach- we didn't have to move off our seats

A bit later a group of guys started playing soccer. Shirtless and muscled- suddenly the heat wasn't only from the sun!

Tee went for a swim a bit later and the guy I'd had my eye on came and chatted to me. I'd been teasing Tharien that I'd happily rub sunblock on when somehow he asked about it and asked if I had any. Seriously? Could the day get any better?

Chatting to Tommy, he is a 22 year old final International Business Student in Malaysia, but originally from Indonesia.

Tanned, charming and intelligent with super long eyelashes. I was itching to run my fingers over that muscled chest and tummy of his, but I had to settle for his arms and the side of his torso.

I made my first barter sale by haggling on a pretty pink beach cover top. I got the price down from 850Baht to 530Baht.

You'll notice in all these and upcoming photos - I am not one of those glamourous bach girls. I have straggly hair and I sweat in humidity - so i do not wear make up, I warned you!



Thank goodness for that top and my sunblock. I have a nasty red sunburn, but considering we were in the water for about an hour and under the umbrella for about 4 hours. I can't say its too bad.

The lesson I did learn: listen when they say to leave 30 minutes before going into the water once having applied sunblock!

I can even see the spot where I rubbed lotion on my leg and scratched it soon after- I have the sunburn in the pattern of the nail marks- hilarious!

We finally got our first Thai massage today. If I thought it would be relaxing- I was soon relieved of that notion!!

Add in some pain, mixed with a bit of contortionism and some elbows, knees, knuckles and other sharp bits and no muscle was neglected. They don't just rub the skin and muscle, they move and manipulate the whole muscle itself!

We paid about R100 for a full hour. You really can't believe the price of things. Deep fried Prawns: R35.




Pineapple on the beach: R7.50!!

All in all, it was a successful day and I can't say I am too sad about not being with the rest of our group on the tour today. Tee and I will be doing the tour on our own tomorrow and afterwards we will be joining the group for a Cabaret show- all She-Ladies. Think this will be fun!

Now its off to bed again- hopefully we wake up on time!

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.