Monday 14 November 2011

Bond, James Bond & Simon.... Cabaret that is

After an on-time wake up (with me stressing the whole night about oversleeping that I got no rest) we finally boarded our speedboat, led by a very enthusiastic guide- Nush - we were on our way!


Zooming over the water and watching the clusters of islands go by and thinking to myself: we are finally in Thailand, now it feels real!

We had so many photo opportunities that I filled up my memory card!








We stopped for lunch on some floating restaurants and did a bit of shopping (I thought there would be better shopping later, but there wasn't) and I wish I had bought more!

We docked at THE James Bond Island used in the Roger Moore: Man with a Golden Gun.

The rock jutting out of the water is enough to make us camera-weilding tourists turn into a group of rabid dogs frothing at the mouth as we all eagerly try for our 5 seconds to pose for a photo to capture the memory!

Later on to Naka beach where we got to swim and laze a bit on the beach and our picturesque day was complete!

One damper for the day: Tee got a fish bone caught in her throat, which was not fun at all, she finally only managed to dislodge it when we got home and all seems to well in paradise again.

In the evening we watched a show called Simons Cabaret. I've never seen such gorgeous costumes and stage sets! All the performers are men, turned ladies. You can't help but marvel at their beauty.

Apart from 2 of them (one had a man's legs and the other had a very muscular bum) the rest were so ladylike and poised, you found yourself forgetting that they were once men!

The choreography was a bit off, but the show is definitely worth seeing. Photos were prohibited, so I unfortunately have nothing to show but my memories.

So far I have noticed a huge difference between the Thai and Malay people: the Malay people are for the most part (taxi drivers excluded) a very calm and peaceful nation, the ladies are true ladies. The Thai people are very coarse, very loud people.

Having said that- I love that the life in Phuket seems to be so laid back and simple.

We are on to Phi Phi tomorrow and we will see what that has in store for us.

Somewhere in between all these tours, I still need to catch a tan!

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.