Tuesday 8 November 2011

The travel diaries begin!

Hello everybody!
I am back from my travels! I am browner (marginally) have puffier hair (extremely) a case of pimples (humidity will do that to you) and an oversized tummy due to the amount of food I ate while away.

I kept a travelogue (sometimes very vague due to exhaustion) but could not seem to get it updated to Blogger, so here are the posts I wrote - hope you have fun with me on my travels and I hope you don't get tired of hearing all about my trip!

Day 2 in Malaysia and we have gone from not having any sleep- to oversleeping this morning.



From not having any money from the ATM to swiping our credit card gleefully at a pewter factory - a spending frenzy.


To be fair: how often are you going to come across an original handmade, airtight pewter container? My point exactly!

This container has 4 sides, each depicting a different flower. These flowers are represented in Chinese Art & literature as the 4 qualities believed to be traits of a gentlemen or scholar:
Chrysanthemum:- Personifies simplicity, honesty & perfection.
Bamboo:- Resilience & Humility
Orchid:- Perfect cultured individual due to the orchids beauty & fragrance
Plum Blossom: Perserverance, courage & willpower

This is something I will be able to pass on to future generations & I am so glad I bought it!



This pewter factory is one of the largest factories in the world and all the pewter items are handmade. The craftmanship is exquisite - we all had a go and it was not as easy as you wuld think.
Each worker gets their andprint on the walls of the museum once they have been there for 5 years - which I thought was a nice touch.




For Tee’s birthday I bought her a gorgeous set of chopstick holders- 2 pewter fishes. Lovely in their detailed prettiness.




We visited the Batu caves (after a 272 stp climb) and snapped some shots of the various gods.



We also got ourselves gorgeous Henna tattoos.



Tonight is a cultural tour of Malaysia and a visit to another temple.


The city is not very pretty, but the sights out of town are beautiful.



Photobucket

3 Comments:

  1. ahh welcome back!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see more photos, the tattoo looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you had a lovely time.
    definitely want to hear more.
    we leave in 5 days! eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have an awesome time! Cant wait to see what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.