Monday 8 November 2010

How to not think about him

Get out there & have fun!

Since our breakup, my life has been keep busy - even though I still have my moments where I miss him... it aches.

Here is an example of my schedule since the breakup:

Tuesday: D Day - the breakup
Wednesday: Off to Photoshop class
Thursday: Coffee with a friend
Friday: Dinner at another fave place - La Trinita
Saturday AM: The Animal Race - This was an awesome activity.

Based on the Amazing Race, all teams perform tasks and race to different pit stops to get their next clue. The pit stops were all the beneficiaries of the race and it was so interesting to see where they all were - not that we had much time to look around, we were too busy painting faces, finding Basil the goat and trying to avoid speeding fines.
Tee and I were a bit unlucky in that we followed the wrong race officials and ended up having a 15 minute delay in beginning our 1st task.
That and 30 minutes stuck in traffic and we still managed to get 13th out of 40 teams.
The best was that we raised money for the animal homes - and that makes me proud.

Keep your eye out for the next race - the website is http://www.theanimalrace.co.za/ and you can find them on Facebook too.

Saturday PM: Watched Charlie St Cloud and had some coffee at the Da Vinci Hotel in Sandton - I am a sucker for the pretty black and white decor and white suede chairs and at R15 a Latte, this place is almost cheaper than most coffee shops!

Sunday: Barnyard Theatre for my Dad's birthday. Watched the Summer of Love based on songs from the 60s. I can't say that it was 1 of my favourite shows. The standard wasnt up to the caliber of other shows I have seen at the Barnyard and I found that the female singers tended to shout just a bit too much. Perhaps the loud music was overpowering them.
A bit disappointed, but my parents had a fun time, so I am glad.

Monday: Photoshop
Tuesday: Dinner with Links
Wed: Photoshop
Thursday - Sat: Cape Town
Sunday: Shopping for 3 birthday presents
Monday it starts all over again!
I do not have an open night until 5 December - and I hope this is going to help me get over QT. I may be recovering in a psychiatric ward, but at least I will be drugged up and oblivious by then! :-p

Playing with my cute little houseguest also kept the tears at bay...

How cute is that face??

2 Comments:

  1. All good to hear!! And what a cutie. See my mail. SwissMiss XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Keep that schedule packed :)

    PS - got a friend looking for homes for kittens. Inbox me if you know of someone

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.