Friday 3 September 2010

Inexpensively Fashionable

photo

Claudz read my mind when she did a post HERE about her need for fashion help.

Just last week I sat chatting to Lizette about how we need to update our look without having to re-kit our entire wardrobe.

Clothes are simply becoming too expensive and we can't afford to buy a new outfit everytime the fashion changes.

With me trying to get out of my ever-increasing debt, I really can't afford to buy new clothes.

Here in South Africa we have a great chain of clothing store called Mr Price. They sell trendy clothes at really great prices. The quality is average, but beggars are definitely not choosers!

As I told Claudz - I am with her on her new fashion adventure and I am attempting to be fashionable, inexpensively.

While I was packing my winter clothes away and unpacking my summer clothes I realised that with all the weight I have picked up I dont have many clothes that fit me anymore.

I have bought 2 new tops - total cost: R160
1 x pink spaghetti type top with silver sparkly buttons.
1 x white and beige striped tank top with gold butterfly picture.

Lets see how far I can make these go with my existing clothes.

Today is Casual Day in SA - the theme was Fun/crazy.
Our whole admin office dressed up and it was alot of fun mixed with feather boas, crazy devil horns, green wigs and slippers.

My normal outfit:

Clothes: Long tiered chocolate brown skirt, white and beige tank top, dark brown pumps
Accessories: Long gold circle necklace, brown circle earrings, brown bead bracelet and skinny brown scarf.



Result - I am quite happy with it.

5 Comments:

  1. i also think that there is just so much going on in the fashion world that I have fashion ADD...so many good trends happening and they change so fast that I barely have time to grab on to one i like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion can be utterly overwhelming. I am still wearing jeans and hoodies but frankly I love my relaxed look. I am happy to bring out the BLing Bling when I need to but I CANNOT reinvent the wheel every blerry morning.

    You are so right about accessories - they totally rev / or tone down and outfit.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forward we go into the Fashion unknown!!
    Sounds like you shopped smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not allowing me to comment on the above Uniquely Me post! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lipgloss: Reinventing the wheel - I love it! ;-)

    @Claudz: To Fashion Infinity and beyond!

    @Love & Stuff: I reposted it, you should be able to comment now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.