Thursday 26 August 2010

Motherly Love

Mom & I - BTW: Mom is much prettier than this pic 

Kate at The Cow Jumped Over the Moon told a story on her blog about her mom and how much she misses her and it made me think ....
I'm not very outspoken when it comes to love. 
Like telling my parents I love them- I do- more than anything in this whole world. 
But I don't tell them a lot, I find it easier show them. 

Today I wrote to my mom on facebook and told her I love her despite the fact that she dropped me on my head when I was a baby and broke the wooden spoon by giving me hidings - which is all true by the way- and my mom came back with the following message:
Aaah thanks Bubs and I love you more than life... I'm so sorry I dropped you on your head BUT I'm not sorry I broke wooden spoons on you coz you're cheeky just like me and I didn't want you giving me a hard time like I gave Granny. Also look at the beautiful woman you have grown up to be that we are so proud of. Love you my rose bud XXX

Apparently I looked like a rose bud when I was born-  you could  see the roots of my eyelashes under the skin.
Mom called me Rose Bud and my dad unwittingly changed it to Bubs and that is how I got my nickname! :-)

3 Comments:

  1. What a lovely cute story!
    And you're right, we should say it more often.
    Thanks, I am off to tell mom I love her. Maybe not dad.....we don't do the mushy stuff....his idea of quality time is watching the fire drinking wine together....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post! I was terrible at assuming my Mom knew I loved her - of course she knew, but I should have shown her, and told her, much more often than I did. I love the photo of you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet. thanks for sharing. mom and i - we've always been close. dad and i - we had a falling out, it lasted about 12 years or more. but now that i'm older and he is, too - heck both of my parents are getting older - there's really no room to hang on to anger and disappointments. to this day, dad and i are not as close, but we're better - and i do tell him i love him once in a while when we talk on the phone. - reni

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.