Tuesday 30 July 2013

July Cooking Challenge Week 6




Week 6 (the final challenge):
Challenge: Desserts - Tiramisu (It was a touch task to choose just 1!)
Level: Easy
Food Photography: Difficult - Who knew fluffy cream would be so difficult?
Result: 9/10 Delicious

Tiramisu is one of my favourite desserts and I have never even attempted to make it, thinking it would be too difficult.

I used Amarula as my alcohol of choice. YUM!!

I have used Amarula in a recent Malva Pudding and at the moment, Amarula is my favourite cooking ingredient as it never disappoints me.

Handy Hint: Buy the Boudoir finger biscuits - the fancy looking italian biscuits are just not the same.

Wine Glass to serve


After taking my photos I popped half a biscuit in when I served the dessert and forgot to take another photo - but it looked quite cute


Fluffy Amarula/Coffee taste


Remember to visit Simply Delicious for many more tasty recipes.

This has been such a fun challenge.

It challenged me way out of my comfort zone. 

Claudz, thank you for making me take part, I discovered that I am not as bad a cook as I thought and I also learnt to appreciate the satisfaction of sitting down to a delicious home-made meal which I cooked myself.

These recipes have been cooked more than once since this challenge:

After my dad's operation, I made him Baked Fish to make him feel better.
I made Tiramisu for my friend and her husband - I thought they needed a treat since having a baby.

This challenge will have long term results in my future enetertaining and I do thank you, from the bottom of my heart now flabby tummy.


Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Ah sweetie, such kind words!
    Your Tiramisu looks yummy!!
    I am so glad that you decided to join on this challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.