Tuesday 24 August 2010

It's my party....

SwissTwist asked for it, so here are my party dresses......


The dress that started it all - my pink and chocolate halterneck with sparkles.

Been seen at:
  •  My friends 25th birthday party
  • A Christmas party 2008
Burgundy cocktail dress - see the black netting in picture on right

This is one of my favourites & it can be strapless as well.

Been seen at:
  • My 30th Birthday Cocktail party
  • A wedding in Nelspruit in 2009
Pink & White 3 quarter dress

I love his dress because you can dress it up or down and it is a very flattering style.

Been seen at:
  • My friends wedding 2007
  • The Woman's Prestige Awards 2008
  • AC's Bachelorette Party 2009
3 Quarter handkerchief dress from Morgan
I felt like Pretty Woman when Alex bought this for me, he took me to Sandton City and said I could pick any dress I liked.
This is also a very flattering style thanks to the ruching around the waist and the lovely handkerchief shirt.

Been seen at:
  • A cocktail party - 2008
  • A product launch at work 2010
  • A 21st birthday party - 2010
This was my first bridesmaids dress.
Bought it from Edgars for R450. It has a lace covering with beadwork and an open back - the A line shape is very flattering.

Been seen at:
  • My friend's wedding - 2005
  • A friends sister's wedding when I was the videographer - 2006
  • Afrikaans Music Awards 2008
  • A product launch at work 2009
This dress doesnt fit me anymore, but I keep it because I like it & hope that 1 day maybe I will wear it again..
It is a slim fitted black dress that has a slight almost "snakeskin" pattern in a velvety material.
It has an open back with some vertical straps and a slit up the back.

Been seen at:
  • A boyfriends year end function - 2005
This red sparkle halterneck dress always make me feel like a Hollywood star on the red carpet.
The colour is a deep red that darkens into a very dark blood red (seen slightly on the left side in the pic)
I get lots of compliments on it.

Been seen at:
  • The People Magazine Crystal Awards - 2008
  • A friends Year end function - 2009
The least favourite of all my dresses

The material was a shiny parachute type material that made me sweat so much in the Cape Town heat.

Seen at:
  • Wedding - Bridesmaids dress in 2008.
Red satin strapless dress with removable chocolate sash

Seen at:
  • Wedding - Bridesmaid dress for my best friend - 2009
Black & White A-Symmetrical dress

I love this dress - fell in love with it and decided not to buy it because it was a bit pricey, but couldnt stop thinking about it and saved my money and bought it.

Seen at:
  • Wedding - Bridesmaid dress 2010
Coming Appearances:
Our year end function - A night at the Oscars
 Fashion Show in Greenstone in September 2010


And there you have it - yet another peak into another 1 of my addictions!

2 Comments:

  1. Wow!! Some awesome dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the second one!! (But they are all really lovely)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.