Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas on a Budget

December already? Where has the time gone!?

The age old question now gets asked; What do you want for Christmas?

I've said it countless times before - Christmas is my favourite time of the year.

However, Christmas is going to be on a tight budget this year.
No bonuses and an overseas trip pending, I am pre-planning this year's bash in advance and not leaving it until the last minute, which I did last year!

Once again we are continuing the tradition where all the the adults buy a nice gift for 1 person - max R300 and the rest get a stocking filler gift - limit R50.
With just the immediate family, we are potentially only looking at R500ea spend on gifts (excluding my 2.5 year old nephew who gets a nice present from all of us)

In the spirit of keeping within the R300 limit, these are on my Christmas wishlist.

For my home

For Me
>> The Docking Station was a "wishful thinking" which seems impossible to find anywhere!

When you have the less fortunate asking for Deodorant and school supplies, it kind of puts things into perspective a little bit, doesn't it?

Thanks to Tee, I have my DIY Cracker Kits on their way.

It has been tradition that I always buy the Crackers.
To get anything that doesn't contain cheap plastic bits of uselessness, I usually spend around R300 for 6 crackers. The contents are better - but still not worth the money.
This year I am determined to make my own.

6 x DIY Crackers with snap: R25
Contents:

  • Candy Cane Sweet: R30
  • Corny Jokes: Free
Gifts: 
  • Dad: Magnifying Card (when he can't find glasses in a restaurant) R20
  • Mom: Lip Balm R40
  • Nephew: Spiderman facecloth R27.50
  • Brother: Also a Spiderman facecloth (he is the worst to decide on something for) R27.50
  • Sister-in-law: 30 x Hair bands R25
  • Myself: 30 x Hairbands  R25


Total for 6 quality crackers: R220 SCORE!

What are you doing to save money over Christmas?


Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. I am so bad with Xmas. I have't had money to spend on Xmas in years - but I kinda get away with it being in our "situation".
    Well done on thos Xmas crackers!!! Good job.
    I like your wish lists!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.