Wednesday 4 December 2013

Tick Tick Tick.... Ho Ho Ho!

Source
How cute is the gift tag in the above photo?

My Christmas Clock is ticking.

There is so much to get done before the jolly fat man rewards us for being good little boys & girls.

As I posted about my Christmas on a Budget, I read Ms Van Vee's post on gift wrapping ideas she found on Pinterest. This has made me even more excited to get creative on budget.

I found some really cute gift wrap ideas and posted them to a Pinterest board here

I will be wrapping my gifts in brown paper and brightly coloured ribbon (R10 a roll at the chinese mall) with pretty printed gift tags off the computer.
I will take photos once I have wrapped gifts and hope it turns out well.

I have helped the whole family choose Christmas gifts for each other & even bought on their behalf. Now I have to give serious attention to the gifts I have to buy and make some time to go shopping!

I have to buy a gift for my dad, aka the most difficult man to buy for because he is not phased about getting gifts. We used to be able to make him happy with chocolates, but since being diagnosed as a diabetic, it's thrown a spanner in the works.

Dad spends most of his spare time working. He travels for work alot. He doesn't really read. Except the newspaper. He doesn't need to wear a suit & tie. He likes being in the garden. Walking the dogs. He has a wallet. He has a hat for outside. He has new shoes. He doesn't feel the cold, so doesn't need a jersey, scarf or socks.

Previous gifts that we have tried:

  • MP3 player and speaker - he doesn't have a car radio. He forgets to charge the speaker
  • A man-bag to keep all his crap together. He forgets to use it
  • Vouchers for clothes. He hates shopping so forgets to use the voucher.

See my dilemma? It's like Mission Impossible!

I thought I would try my hand at online shopping, but after a while I gave up - I can't see the products properly on a computer screen, I need to touch the product and make sure it's right.

What is on your Christmas shopping list this year?



Photobucket

5 Comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty, pretty! (And I am away to follow you on pinterest!) Aren't men just the worst to buy for? I always get stuck when thinking of what to buy Joe - although last year I did tell him he has everything - because he's married to me, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good response!! Bet that makes him even more proud of what clever and witty girl he married. hahahaha :-D

      The link is working now! :-)

      Delete
  2. oh you have bought the gift already. stil trying to get everyone's wish list. hard work I tell you.
    will start shopping soon. can't wait ti see how you wrap em up.

    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought any gifts yet - so I feel your pain

      Good luck with the shopping!

      Delete
  3. Love the wrapping!!
    And good luck with the shopping!
    If he into the outdoors at all - why not a Buff? Cape Union Mart has them, they're not too expensive and super practical

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.