Tuesday 26 November 2013

Travel Tuesday: Germany

The first country I ever experienced snow. I can still remember arriving at our little wooden cabin and chucking the cases inside so that we could come back outside and experience the feeling of snow crunching under our feet.
We stayed in a small town called St. Goar

Crunchy Snow

The German folk were extremely friendly and more than happy to offer advice to the newbie tourists.


Loreley Rock
In summer there are boat tours and you get to see the famous Loreley Rock.
In early times, it was reported that many ships sank here.
Apparently it was due to a pretty, naked, blonde woman, who distracted the skippers from their work through her songs.
Fickle men!


I bought my cuckoo clock after many agonising minutes spent choosing the right one.




Gorgeous Beer Steins. I bought 1 for my dad and my friend Grant. 
Years later I had forgotten about it and complimented his gorgeous Stein one night over dinner! At least I know I have the same taste all these years later!

Wine-tasting in the cellar

Can you tell I am at a wine-tasting? The rosy cheeks and broad grin are not a giveaway sign at all!

 I actually still have that wine-tasting glass....


Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. Oooh I would love to go to Germany again!
    I was very small when we were there!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.