Sunday 24 November 2013

Snail Mail Collective: Gifts from Texas

The Snail Mail Collective is a clever little idea by The Nectar Collective & Lost in Travels
The theme was Autumn Adventures. We are currently in our Summer months, so it was a challenge to think Autumn!!
I was paired with an amazing photographer from Texas; Christina

I was worried about my parcel getting to her as I had used the South African postal service - not known for it's efficiency or speed. (FedEx quoted me R800 - $80 to send a box that weighed a couple of grams and was 23cm x 9cm)
Our spend limit was R50 ($5) and I was not paying that much for delivery!

With all the worrying about her parcel, I forgot that I was getting a parcel in return!

I was having a crappy day when my parcel arrived and I was in such a hurry I snapped some photos with my cell phone and ripped it open!


It was packed with goodies!!

Look at everything I was spoiled with:
  1. Sparkly nailpolish Pink Bling - I mean how perfect is that?
  2. Addorable little Thanksgiving stickers
  3. Autumn Leaf post-it notes
  4. Heavenly smelling waterless hand gel
  5. Yummy gum with fruity centre
  6. Scented candle that smells so good - my cupboard still has the scent
  7. An absolutely gorgeous notebook with pink flowers and my initial on it (Which I see I very stupidly covered up in the photo)
  8. A selection of postcards, but not just any... 2 of these postcards are Christina's actual photos (which I had loved before I even knew it)


Christina's photos: American Flag  (top left)
Little VW minivan (Top middle)


This lady is a very talented photographer - I recommend that you check out her blog for some amazing photos of her roadtrips: Route Bliss

Christina and I will continue to exchange postcards - I have not yet figured out what I will have to say, but it is always fun receiving a postcard/letter in the mail isn't it?

Hurry on over to join up for the next Snail Mail collective on either of the blogs above - and let us know how it went!
Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so cool!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.