Thursday 21 November 2013

Bookless Club - Moustache



November is the month of Movember -  all in aid of raising awareness for male cancers such as testicular & prostate cancer.

Moustaches; therefore seemed only fitting for my Bookless Club theme. I was even more excited when I found pink Moustaches - whoop whoop!

Bought from Big Blue - they didn't stick very well though!


Now before you think, "What a miserable lot"  - we couldn't smile because the darn things kept falling off.
SMILE (Not)

I had pretty much left all arrangements until the day before the event, so i had to come up with some quick & easy designs to implement.

I downloaded a template of a moustache and cut it out in various sizes to stick on the napkin ring...

... and the champagne glass...

... and for the "Balls Bowl"
Lindor Balls
I printed a few moustache images onto paper, photo-shopped a few in pink and used it for an extra decorative theme under the plates.

Place Settings
I also found a cute image which I printed and cut out into a square and stuck with some tape onto my coasters (top right of the photo above)

To finish the theme off...
I had painted my nails with the little moustache (my post here)


For the "manly" theme I had wanted to do male-inspired food such as beer (Savannah) and Burgers. But after I found the pretty pink moustaches, I settled on:
  • Crumbed Chicken Breast on a Portuguese roll with cranberry sauce, Camembert cheese and rocket 
  • For Tee (the pescatarian): Fishcakes on a Portuguese roll with a home-made Sweet Chilli Mayo mixed with lemon juice and black pepper.
    ...with a side of Sweet Potato Chips

Dessert was store bought Lamingtons which I had planned on cutting into a little moustache shape - but never got around to doing.
Would have been a nice touch - perhaps next time I won't leave it until the last possible moment!

Photobucket

2 Comments:

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.