Tuesday 19 November 2013

Travel Tuesday: Hertford House

Today's post is not really about a travel destination per se... more of a road trip with the parents.

My parents stay in the deeeep south of Johannesburg in a small town by the name of Walkerville.
Everybody knows everybody - and there are almost more pubs than people in this little town.

People go to the shop without any shoes and the only people staring are the "out-of-towners" like myself.

My parents were burgled recently while they were asleep in their house. My dad - usually a light sleeper- never woke up and I am thankful for that. I am pissed off because my parents are not well off and everything they have has wither been worked really hard for, or given as a gift. They do not have insurance as it is simply too costly.

My biggest fear is losing my parents - I am not sure I would be able to cope with that loss...

Anyway, I digress.... I like to take my parents to new places outside of their sleepy little town, and this time I took them for Sunday lunch at Hertford House.

If you are a regular reader of my blog you would have read about Hertford House here when I went with my friends.

Here is a post from my roadtrip with my folks - and a silent thank you that they were unharmed.
Wondering why I am not focussing on them...

"Ah that's better - our daughter knows how to use the camera"

My mom releasing the inner child

Mom wanting to play Photographer - making me a model

I love plants and flowers

Dad retaliating with his inner child

Gorgeous rock building

Pretty blossoms


Photobucket

3 Comments:

  1. Oh no! It upsets me when people steal from others!!!
    My inner rage grows bigger and bigger towards the crime in our country! *sob*
    Glad that they were unharmed!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very peaceful and tranquil there. Glad to hear your parents weren't harmed but know it is still a huge emotional shake when something like that happens so sweet of you to organise this little getaway.

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that your parents slept through it! (And what a lovely treat you arranged for them!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.