Wednesday 8 September 2010

Random Thoughts



QT's birthday was at the end of August - we eventually decided on the perfect gift for him - a pair of Oakley Oil Rigs. A few of us pitched in and I get great discounts from my former boss and I could also put it on account so that I am not bankrupted.
After having worked in an optometry pracice for 9 years we got to see which glasses were great quality and which weren't.
We underwent training on Oakley, Nike, Ray Ban, Serengheti, Adidas to name a few.

It was our 7 month anniversary yesterday - and I forgot... again! that is 3 times in a row - yet he still loves me. How lucky am I?

Couples massage was my Sunday surprise from QT. We have both been under pressure and in need of some pampering - so he booked us a neck and back massgae as well as a foot and leg massage. He kept it a secret right up until Sunday morning when I made him tell me. Good thing too - I had to de-fuzz my underarms and legs, or else the poor therapist would have gotten her hands cut on my dangerous stubble!
It was heavenly and made me wish I had more time to lie there!

I resisted temptation on a shopping spree with my Tee. We had breakfast at Primi Piatti (hashbrown, bacon and cheese with cherry tomatoe stack - YUM) and then we went into every single Home store you can think of: Mr Price Home, @ Home, Boardmans, Woolworths, Coricraft.
Tee bought a gorgous butterfly duvet cover - I kept joking that it was tacky because I loved it so much. ;-)
She also bought lovely new bath towels and matching mat (the exact mat I had my eye on the previous week) as well as a stunning vase.
I didnt buy a single things - I am serious about trying to get out of debt. I have even explored the option of selling some of my things to try get extra money.
Kalahari.net have a second hand goods section. I am going to try it out and see if I can get better value on my items than I would at Cash Converters for instance.
So far my list includes 1 long suede leather jacket, black biking leather jacket, variety of CDS, 1 or 2 pairs of shoes that I bought and wore once but they hurt me. I even have unused balls of wool and a hair iron that has also never been used.

My Ear is very slowly clearing up - I have to be very careful with it. Got a recurrent infection, but this time I used my infamous Tea Tree oil and blasted it out in 2 days. (Me and my Tee Tree oil are another story all together)

My Marketing position is taking forever to be announced. I flew to Cape Town yesterday for a marketing meeting and thought it would be announced there.
I am in the process of interviewing more ladies for the PA position - even thought I want the lady I originally interviewed - my boss loved her but wants to see other options - the problem is that there are no other options out there. everybody thinks they can be a PA - but it isnt a job for you unless you are 1 tough bitch quite strong.
So I can't officially celebrate with yummy cocktails until I have been officially appointed - you never can tell what could happen.

Both my orchid plants are showing signs of new life. QT bought me 1 when I was sick with my kidneys and it has 5 new buds.
My other orchid is a year old and is starting a brand new shoot.
I am so excited! I adore orchids.
I want a white one next, although I saw the most beautiful yellow orchid too. decisions decisions (for when I win the Lotto one day)

Remember my post HERE about my friend Tee who bought a house and moved in with her new loser boyfriend?
Well, she admitted that she was wrong - after he kicked her door in, held her down and pinched her and broke every single glass thing she owns.
And she is still living with him - albeit now as housemates, they each have their own room.
But she is now shopping for a steel reinforced door to protect herself. WTF? W. T. F???
We have all spoken to her about leaving him, being in the same house is so dangerous, but she insists that the house is a great investment. (More important than your safety? I dont think so)
She says she is helping him get help from a professional. i reckon a frying pan to the side of the head should do the trick.
Wondering what the next challenge is? I am working on a slightly different type of challenge that I hope you will like.
More details to follow soon.....

9 Comments:

  1. Never EVER resist a shopping spree. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun update lady. And whoa- what is your friend thinking????

    ReplyDelete
  3. All women leaving home for the first time should be given a cast iron frying pan, well seasoned of course. It should be large enough to hold enough cornbread for two and light enough to be weilded upsidehishead with your dominant hand.

    The definition of insanity is to continue to do something and expect a different result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ello ello, 'super sleuth' here. Loved this piece, had some good chuckles and because I live up/down the road from you, I could imagine where you had your breaki. All the stores you mentioned are kinda quite close. Hoo, feels like we are going to tread on toes, without being aware. Tee must get herself a baseball bat (sportmans) to keep under the bed, for in case, and a knuckle duster (Sandton City) the shop that sells legal weapons) in her bag, for in case. I believe in being 1 step ahead!. With regards to your ear and the word blasted (I had visuals).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better :) Things seem to be going well for you lately, I hope it continues !

    Looking forward to what that creative mind will come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the frying pan on the side of the head :) - reni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the update! I read it, left a long list of comments and then something weird happened.
    URGH!
    And there's a thing I want to say about one thing you wrote here, but I can't coz it's too close to stuff about people....nevermind!

    Glad you're better.
    Glad QT is so incredibly awesome!
    Your poor friend! It sounds really similar to another friend of mine's friend, who's name starts with a T.... But she kicked the bugger out on to the street.
    Ok, gotta dash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Lipgloss Ninja - sadly I had to. I used every ounce of self restraint!

    @Charlene: Love your philosophy!

    @ Super Sleuth: You you know that Quarter of the world hey? :-) Thanks fo rthe shopping lost - perhaps I should make those gifts Tee's Christmas presents!

    @SwissTwist - I hope I don't disappoint you!

    @Claudz: Too close to stuff about people? huh? Now I am nosy - write me an email, send Pigeon, anything! I have to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do indeed, stunning 'Design/s. SS or rather Super Sleuth. You can make them stocking fillers.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.