Monday 30 September 2013

Manicure Monday - Dappled Dots

This design was quirky and much easier to apply than the Ombre.

As you can tell, I am far from a professional - but hopefully with enough practise, the nail-art will start to look better.


Choose a Basecoat colour - I chose White, but it was actually supposed to be Pale Pink.

Choose 3 colours - I chose Grey, Teal green and fuschia pink.
Have a Bobby pin or toothpick for making the dots. The more polish you put on the pin, the bigger the dots.

Again, after completing the thumb nail I looked back at the photo and realised 2 things:
  1. I wish I had a "dotting tool set" to make the dots look more professional
  2. I should have overlapped my dots

Too bad - this is the amateur version of Manicure Monday!

What it should look like:

Website



 Photobucket

6 Comments:

  1. Nail art is something I just can't seem to get right, yours is gorgeous.

    Meg | Meghansilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg - I feel like such an amateur when I post the professional photo. :-D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Claudz - getting there. Some work better than others!

      Delete
  3. I think yours is really good! I'm going to make ''Dorky Friday Foto'' a regular thing: I think you should do the same with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Dorky Friday Foto!
      I will keep going as long as I can find designs that are doable. I am really not the best at nail, make-up hair things!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.