Friday 3 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The letter C

Chantellinis

C is for … Cocktails

My 1st experience of a cocktail was a strawberry daiquiri - a mixture of crushed ice and delicious strawberries. The alcohol made me feel light-headed and relaxed. Best of all, it was topped with a whole strawberry.

When I was earning my own money, it was fun for the friends to get together over brightly coloured drinks and regale each other with stories of disastrous dates or exciting escapades.

1 night I confessed my desire to write an anonymous book about dating and stalkers. I even conceptualised the cover and the title. My anonymous blog was borne from a night of cocktails and a few years later here I am; Drinking cocktails and making memories.

Allow me to share the recipe of one of my very favourite cocktails - called a Chantellini - because it was concocted in my kitchen 1 night after many (many) taste-testing sessions.

You will need:

For 1 drink:
A martini glass - dip the rim in apple flavoured jelly powder
An apple slice dipped in some liquor to prevent discolouration - slit just enough to garnish the glass
Half a shot of Vodka
One shot of Apple Sourz (Tang Apple)
Fill up with Appletiser (or 100% sparkling apple juice)

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

  1. This sounds tempting! My favourite is the Pinacolada.. Stopping by via the AtoZ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit - try it, you will love it :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounds tasty! I don't drink often but now and again love having a pretty drink.

    Anna @ herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes like a refreshing cold drink - and it has an apple as a garnish - that's a fruit! (Heathly food and everything)

      Delete
  3. I've never really gotten into cocktails myself - I enjoy a good, steady glass of wine - but this sounds good. I might try it.

    Jessica
    2015 A to Z Blogger
    Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite sweet Jessica, but I have yet to meet a person who has not asked for a 2nd drink.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.