Thursday 29 August 2013

This is Us Premiere - One Direction

Imagine my excitement when I get this message:

On behalf of Sony Music Africa, we’d like to invite you and a guest to the exclusive premiere of “This Is Us” this Sunday at 10am, Sandton City.

One Direction's 3D movie. A documentary that takes a look at behind the scenes of 1 of the world's most popular bands ever. They have surpassed a number of records held by the Beatles are are international superstars.

Before I get carried away... back to the movie
The 3D movie was directed by Morgan Spurlock - Director of the "SuperSize Me" documentary.

The cinematography is fun - Images are stilled and made to look like a comic book image. The 3D makes it appear as if you are actually in the audience watching them on stage.

Movie direction is thought provoking. The storyline lets you into a whole other world of who these 5 guys really are. 
They are not idols. They are not larger than life. 
They are normal guys from middle (to poor) class families who have a gift. 
They are grounded and away from home and handling fame as well as they can and highlighting how important a stable and healthy family environment really is.

And I was at the Premiere thanks to Sony!

And this is me, not above posing with a cardboard cut out of the group I have vowed to see live. 
No matter what.

Mine! All mine!

Next to my favourite - Liam

For the first time in months - I was happy. Truly happy -  for 90 minutes.
I cannot remember the last time I felt this pure, absolute joy. 

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Sounds like the movie was absolutely awesome, glad you had a total blast. Hope you having a gorgeous Friday xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.