Tuesday 7 September 2010

This is Me # 31: Architecture & 32: A book you're reading

#31: Achitecture

I have always found buildings to be beautiful - their silence tells a story of the lives of people that have past before them. Their silence speaks of great joy, sorrow and nostalgia

  1. A Cathedral in London - and the name totally escapes me - anyone out there know its name?
  2. The Cathedral of S. Maria del Fiore - Florence Italy. Built from subtly coloured marble
  3. The bapistry and Cathedral in the forground with the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the background - beautiful architecture. Construction of the tower of Pisa began in 1173 and went on for 177 years
# 32: A book you're reading


I must be very honest - I have been reading this book forever and I am really not enjoying it.
I have never not finished a book, so I am forcing my way through it.

Has anyone else out there read it? Your opinion?

4 Comments:

  1. What beautiful cathedrals! I must say that when I was younger I wasn't interested in looking at old buildings, but the older I get the more interested I am in them.

    What's your book about? I think I would find it hard going as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, the book looks like one that i'd pick up...i hate reading books that drag because I can't not finish a book in principle! ikeep thinking ...'it has to get better'

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the cathedrals. i love older structures in general, that's why i loved the grand place in belgium. usually - if i haven't touched a book in a long time, it's a goner - there has to be something that brings me back to it. so, don't worry, some books aren't meant to be with their readers :) - Reni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Synopsis of my book - sounds good doesn't it: When two young constables, Arthur Callum and Katy Kilbride, discover a body in a roadside ditch outside a small industrial town in Somerset, England, they set off a series of disturbing phenomena that grow to plague the entire countryside. After the body disappears and other people are reported missing, Arthur and Katy's inquiries lead them to a strange, mazelike grove and a stone that opens a doorway to the past, tearing open the fabric of time. Along with Tommy and Sis, two brave schoolboys from St. Justin's; Sir Derek Rees, a renowned scholar of Arthurian lore; and a group of town misfits, Arthur and Katy find themselves embroiled in a deadly wizard's game that began twelve centuries earlier. For the fall of Camelot was not the end of a legend: In his wisdom, Merlin had anticipated the murder of King Arthur and his knights at the hands of Mordred, the royal bastard. Like evil seeds, Mordred lay down spells that remained dormant until now, the brink of the third millennium. By using powers that transcend time, Mordred can reach into the present. Soon the forces marshaled by these two wizards will clash again and the outcome will transform all of humanity.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.