Monday 16 August 2010

Uniquely Me - Love & Stuff



Today we find out more about Love & Stuff

Love & Stuff is a South African based in the beautiful Cape - Stellenbosch.
I love her Blog and I am sure you will too.




1: Where were you born?

I was born in Tygerberg Hospital, where my mother worked as a nurse, but soon after we moved
to a small town called Hexvalley, De Doorns in the Boland. It’s a teeny tiny place with one traffic
light situated at the school entrance, a church and a Spar. It’s your typical small town vibe where
we walked to school; played cricket in the street till dark, and everyone knew your business.
We are however the largest exporters of Grapes in SA, and the valley is just breathtaking.

2: What made you start a blog?
I always dreamed of being a writer or editor of a fabulous magazine. When I realized this would never
happen I got terribly depressed. Then I thought of Blogging. It’s my way of filling the gaping hole left
by a dream not quite achieved.


3: How did you meet your Boyf?
It was the final show of the band Lukraaketaar (or so they said. They had quite a few more after
this) in the Mystic Boer Stellenbosch. The lead singer was a friend of the boyfriends and they got
a great spot in the front. My friend sort of knew the boyfriend and decided to use this so we could
squeeze in on the front row action. We hit quite a few places after that, got a little tipsy, and eventually
kissed. Didn’t hear a word from him after that and wrote ‘what I thought was a nice guy’ off. Then
two weeks later we accidently bumped into each other, almost 4 years later and still completely
loved up. (PS He said he didn’t call me for 2 weeks because it was exams and he didn’t want to
be distracted. I still tease him about this saying He just wasn’t that into me. It annoys him terribly)

4: Which book are you currently reading?
I am struggling through The girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Everyone went gaga over this book but I’m
finding it quite difficult to get stuck into. Got a few pages left and then I’d like to start with Eat, Pray,
Love as I am probably the only person left who has not read this book.

5: If you were stuck on a deserted island, which 3 things would you want with you?
The boyfriend, chocolate, and Elizabeth Arden 8hour cream

6: What would you like people to remember you for?
My kind heart (and impeccable taste *wink*)

7: Describe your personality in 2 words?
Passionate, Self conscious

8: Describe your personal fashion style:
Versatile! One day I’ll be a girly girl the next a tomboy. But I do like discovering new ways to wear
something old or boring; I try not to wear the same look twice. Above all, comfort is key. (Hence the
lack of high heels in the cupboard)

9: If you were a Barbie Doll what would your name be?
The Eliza Doolittle Barbie (it’s what my mom called me growing up)

10: When was the last time you cried?
The last episode of Army Wives, they really do milk it for every last tear.

4 Comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! Had fun answering the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting!
    I've nearly given up on "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", I just can't get into it!
    Cute story of how you and your love met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I haven't read Eat, Pray, Love yet either! I'm going onto Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - once I got into it - the subsequent 2 books are also good and they have more of a linked storyline
    Eat Pray Love - not a big fan, found it way too slow in some parts - movie looks really good though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.