Tuesday 17 August 2010

1 of my addictions - Sunnies & Specs....


What do all these sunglasses have in common?

They belong to me!
I have an addiction to pretty sunglasses - this is an expensive habit, which makes me very fortunate to have worked at an optometrist to get most of these given to me.

I love sunglasses, and because I am supposed to wear glasses - it is not always possible to wear every style out there - unless it can be scripted (put your prescription into the sunglasses) or wear contact lenses (not always ideal due to dry eyes).

So sometimes I go blind just to be able to wear a pretty pair of sunglasses.

Breakdown of my sunglasses:
  1. Pink Silhouette - made from Titanium, super bendy and very lightweight
  2. Black Diesel - these are comfy
  3. Burgundy Vogue - this style is very flattering for a square face like mine
  4. Black Giorgio Armani - 1 of my favourite because of the Black and White logo on the side
  5. Burgundy Oakley - these are gorgeous because of the pattern on the side, but do get a bit heavy after a few hours of wearing them
  6. Black gradient tint Emporio Armani - lovely diamante detail on the temple (arm)
  7. Pinkish/ purple Emporio Armani oversized shades
And these are my prescription glasses!

I am supposed to wear glasses all the time - but I don't.
I think I look funny in glasses.
So if I walk past you in a shopping centre & dont respond to your wave or smile - its not because I am rude, it's because I didn't see you!

I was also lucky enough to receive most of these as a gift from the Armani rep because I always sold them so well.
You will notice that I am an Armani Girl through and through!

I find that Armani seem to have the nicest styles and the comfort and quality is really good.
Armani are imported by a company called Safilo and they are also importers for Gucci, Dior, Diesel & YSL to name a few.

These are my spectacles:

  1. Jonathan Skeats - purple semi rimless
  2. Silhouette - also titanium - rimless and superlight - can be cut into any shape you like - these have lasted me 11 years without breaking
  3. Emporio Armani 2 tone black and orange plastic frame - love the detail on the side and always get compliments on these
  4. My current favourite - Guess semi rimless- I bought these for the pretty buckle detail on the side and the pink leopard print - aren't they gorgeous?
  5. Emporio Armani - you cant see it in the photo - but they have glitter in the pink plastic - I was hooked immediately! 
  6. Funky purple Jonathan Skeats - these have a funky curvy temple which I loved.
  7. My burgundy Emporio Armani - an all time favourite
  8. Purple Koali - the only frames I made a mistake in taking - I didn't wear these very long, too round for me
And that is my glasses addiction obsession collection!

1 Comments:

  1. Wow, you have a whole load of glasses! I always, ALWAYS, end up sitting on mine . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.