Tuesday 16 June 2015

New job update

My new job is vastly different from the dental industry where I came from.

Where before I could sit in a comfortable dental chair, I now find myself behind the wheel of a R7.5 million Aventador coupe Lamborghini



I have met Morgan Beatbox, former 5 time motor-racing champion Gary Formato, received a thumbs up from Jeremy Clarkson and spoken to Richard Hammond. 
... And I have only been with the company for 2 weeks!




In the office we talk about zombie apocalypses, the kind of vampire we would like to be, tanks, poo-pourri and other random conversations.

I am learning about the film side of the business and have lent my voice to 2 videos (they were desperate, but it was fun!)

It’s been a whirlwind of events and launches and this weekend we were given tickets to the Clarkson Hammond and May Live show. An explosion of fire, stunts and fun, I am really happy that I was a part of it all.

So far I am loving this new position. The entire company culture is different and my new boss is the complete opposite of my old boss, a huge relief for me.

The old feelings of stress and dread about going to the office have vanished. I am slowly starting to feel like a new person again.

It is always a big step when making the decision to resign from your job, but I can honestly say that I have absolutely no regrets thus far.

Life really is what you make of it. Don't be afraid to take a big leap. Have faith in yourself and in the fact that it will all work out in the end.

If you are unhappy in your job, never be afraid to move on. As my former CEO said to me when I told him why I was leaving: “Life is too short to be unhappy for even 1 month” 

1 Comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing change Chantelle! And what a neat place to work. I very much agree with your former CEO. It can be scary but really awesome too making that kind of change.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.