Tuesday 2 June 2015

3 day long birthday



From Bestie

My birthday fell on a Friday and it so happened to be that last day of my 7 year long job. *Double Celebration*


I had been looking forward to my last day at work more than my actual birthday, but when the day came around, I was spoiled rotten, that my birthday ended up being the reason for my smile.

A colleague baked me a blue velvet cake (tastes the same as red velvet) and we started the day off early by eating cake.




A social media company dropped off these gorgeous orchids for me:


And a surprise birthday party was thrown for me, with more... you guessed it - cake!

Special Princess Crowns



That night my boyfriend and I shared a wonderful dinner at a Tai restaurant called Wangthai. Delicious food and a relaxing atmosphere started my weekend off the right way.

On Saturday I had my hair coloured so that nobody could guess my age based on the grey hairs peeking through.

That evening, a group of us met at La Trinita for a night of Italian food, sangria and laughs. Tee made me a whole bunch of cupcakes - the pink ones had special hidden centres - yum!

The restaurant owners - LaLa and Tessa -  gifted me a bottle of champagne. The real stuff from France. A lovely touch.




The next day saw us eating... again!
A buffet breakfast at Moyo's at Zoo Lake with my parents ended off my weekend celebration.

We ate far too much food, had our faces painted and walked around the lake to burn off some excess calories.




Walking around the lake watching the geese lazily paddling in the water, I took a moment to appreciate the fact that we can walk in the sunshine enjoying the 23 degree celsius temperatures; and this is our winter!

What a gorgeous country we live in!

2 Comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday!! And congrats on the last day of work. Those days can be pretty bittersweet, though with all that cake I bet yours was mostly sweet :)

    Visiting folks who liked my A-Z theme to let you know my pick your plot book, Armageddon, is on sale for $0.99 through Monday :)
    Hope you are doing well!
    ~AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the wishes AJ!
      Hope Armageddon is a hit!!

      Take Care!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.