Saturday 11 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter J

J is for ... Jewellery


Not many girls I know do not like jewellery. In one form or another, every girl has adorned themself with something pretty.
Some like sparkles and others like big chunky pieces, and others again will like something simple; a plain silver band or a small stud.

The concept of Nomination, Troll Beads, Pandora - and the predecessor - the old fashioned charm bracelet, is an in genius idea; collectables.

Give a girl 1 little thing that is part of a collectable and you have a money-spinner!

My parents surprised me on my 30th birthday with an almost complete Nomination bracelet with my name and age on it as well as a few links that characterised my interests: A rose for my nickname, a music note for my love of music, a Gemini starting and a cat.



Since then I have added a whole variety and I am busy collecting a link to represent each country that I have visited.

Recently I discovered a company who does the erm... "budget variety" links. They fit the Nomination bracelet and are also stainless steel. 
Where Nomination costs R380 ($40) and upwards, this version is only R20 ($2)
The difference? Nomination uses real gold or silver on it's embellishments and enamel where applicable.
Budget option is gold or silver plated and also uses enamel.
Can you tell the difference?



I will have to buy the real deal for the travel links, but for anything else, I can buy the budget option and create a few bracelets to wear all together.

How do you feel about cheaper alternatives? Do you stick with the real thing and pay a bit more, or do you compromise?

Incidentally - J was the last letter to be added to the alphabet and was derived from i. Now you know!
≠≠≠≠≠≠

In other news, I featured as a Guest Blogger on Inspired Living SA, go check out my Confessions of a Blogger Interview



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.