Tuesday 30 September 2014

Family - Animals Included

Last week, I spent Heritage Day with my family. I said goodbye to our 12 year old Rottweiler, Tyson. He had arthritis in his back legs and eventually was unable to walk. He spent his last days lying under an umbrella with his head on a comfy pillow with water and food nearby. His entire body moved with the wagging of his tail when he saw me, but he couldn't get up to greet me. My heart broke.

He was euthanized the next day.

This sweet doggy went for walks with my dad every morning and wagged his tail profusely whenever he saw me. When I handed him a treat, he gently took it in his mouth so as not to hurt me.
I wish I had digital photos to put up here, but in those days I still had a film camera.

RIP Tyson - you were a lovely doggy.

Onto happier topics...

Noah

My nephew Noah .

He is now 3.5 years old, He is a proper handful. He is a sweet child, but full of boundless energy.

I played Hide & Go Seek, Catch and all sorts of other games with this happy little boy.

I even managed to get him to pose for a photo or 2, before he ran off to find something else to do.

With Grandad
I am happy that my parents have a grandchild - they are wonderful grandparents - they deserve to have a little boy to spoil and make feel loved. There is nothing like a grandparent's love to make one feel special.
With Nanna

With Mom & Dad
In between photos, we walked around the lovely garden & fed the 2 new additions - 2 big Tortoises (Don't you just love Spring?)
My dad discovered that a rose he had transplanted had not survived, Noah pushed the dead shoot back into the ground and proclaimed: "There! I fixed it!"

Noah & his Aunty
Now I know why everybody tells you not to wait too long to have kids - because boy do you need endless reserves of energy to keep up!

1 Comments:

  1. Oh no, poor Tyson. Even though they are ''just pets'', they really do become members of your family. Noah is adorable - and he sure is growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.