Sunday 8 September 2013

The Weekend That Was - Pinotage on Tap

I am surprised at how lucid my thoughts are as I type this post, considering I got myself extremely drunk tipsy yesterday at a lovely wine festival called Pinotage On Tap - hosted by Diemersfontein Wines at Oakfield Farm.

The Spring weather was perfect as we all made ourselves comfortable around the hay bales scattered around the gorgeous wedding venue. If only the trees had had a few more leaves it would have made for prettier pictures.

We were each given a little bag filled with a cheese board, a bottle of juice to keep hydrated (I am only drinking mine today - who needs juice when you have unlimited wine?!) and a wine glass.
Our goody bag

Tee and I perfecting our Selfies with a darn heavy camera!
Smile because we have wine!


This lovely lady brought us food, we showed her a lot of tipsy appreciation!
Chicken Satay and Spring Rolls


Claudz & MrB - Still sober

Some of the many interesting outfits

Tee having a little lie-down

The awesome part of this day was that you could stumble & weave your way to the giant cask of wine and fill up your glass as often as you liked!
The Diemersfontein Pinotage is 1 of my new favourite wines. 
It is a chocolate coffee Pinotage that tastes like a cold drink and it is not a very heavy wine. Meaning that when your limit is usually 2 glasses, you can go up to 6 or 7 glasses as long as you have a strategically placed pillar or hay-bale to help you stand upright.

And the wine was flowing

A reprieve from the drinking and spinning

Dessert was divine. Cup of hot chocolate served with marshmellows, wafers and delicious little chocolate caramel cups.
Chocolatey goodness

MrBs foot - what a waste of wine!

Happy Camper

SMILE

MrB made a hit at the show - he even had an audience screaming for him to take off his clothes. In deference to them both, I have opted to keep the stripping photo private!
Showing off his awesome balancing skills

I spotted Claudz at the event thanks to her previously posted OOTD on her blog. 
Throughout the entire day, she managed to look like an absolute lady while I flopped around in the hay!
Still the lady

Time to go home

I got to ride this baby, but I don't remember much!

I rode this mechanical bull, but I can't tell you how long I rode it for... 1 minute I was on it, the next minute I was lying on the soft floor!

If you have the opportunity to go to this event in the future, go for it! And here are a few tips to avoid looking like novices:

  1. Bring a blanket and pillows
  2. If you bring a gazebo, make sure you know how to set it up to avoid sniggers from onlookers
  3. Bring wet wipes for when you spill your wine or chocolate sauce
  4. Bring your camera so that friends can take photos of you while you are incapacitated... no wait, that's not right!! Bring your camera to take some fun photos of the day. Yes - sounds better!
  5. Bring a hat and sunblock, not everybody is lucky enough to get the shade of a tree
  6. Make sure you drink wine, otherwise you will end up paying for everything else like beer and water.




Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I would love to attend one of these events, look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it Gaelyn, it was a really great way to spend a sunny Spring day!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.