Thursday 12 September 2013

Letter to 16 year old me

source
If I could go back in time, here is some advice I would give to 16 year old me.

Stop worrying about what other people think of you. You are the best person you can be if you listen to your heart. It will never lead you astray.
Somebody's going to think you are beautiful. Somebody will see you for who you are inside and outside and love everything about you.
People will try take advantage of you. Be strong enough to say no, but without being nasty about it. Don't let anybody treat you like a doormat.

Speak up when you are not happy. It does not fix itself, it never will. You have to fix it.

You'll meet people with whom you don't got along with.  Don't worry, you don't have to like everybody and they don't have to like you. Respect that.
You will meet people - you will be comfortable with them. You will be yourself with them. You won't feel the need to be somebody you are not. That is true friendship.

Love your family - you may feel as if they are over-bearing and boring. But spend time with them and just listen because 1 day you will look back and wish you had spent more time with them, given them more of your time that you so selfishly deprived them of so that you could watch TV or talk to your friends on the phone instead.

Don't compromise on your core values. Trust your heart.  You know yourself better than anybody
Respect yourself.
Follow your heart when it comes to your career. Do what you love.
Don't be afraid of your 30's. They are the best years. You will be braver and more comfortable with yourself. You will know who you are. You will have confidence in yourself.

Take risks. Love life. You are blessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Now I am going to write a letter to the Future Me to be delivered in 2 years' time.

Visit Future Me and write yourself one as well! 

In 2 years - I will publish my letter here. Join me and do the same! 

4 Comments:

  1. This is great - although I have to admit that I'm really intrigued by the letter to the future me! I can not wait to read yours (and to maybe try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. And such wise words!
    I love the Future Me concept! Doing it soonest

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comments are not working again...
    trying....
    love this and def doing a future post
    PS - i could so copy and paste your advice for my 16yr self

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.