Thursday 31 May 2012

Birthday week that Was

My birthday celebrations started on Monday night and lasted for 3 nights (technically 4 if you count the fact that tonight I have been online catching up and chilling - something I needed)

Monday night: Madame Zingara
I have wanted to do this for so long, but the the price of the tickets was a bit of a turn off. I am so glad I finally went. The opulence and effort put into the set up and design; never mind the talent & awesome food was so worth it.
The waiters are all dressed up in various costumes and most of the audience have at least 1 or another type of dress up item on.
Mom and I bought a cute little hat that I think will be making an appearance for a few occasions because I love it so much :-)




The acts include a 3 man balancing act who are amazing, a contortionist who I had to see to believe, 3 drag queens who can sing so well & a few other fun acts. The show closes with a fun rendition of Time Warp - which reminded me that I really want to see the Rocky Horror Picture show again :-)

I got to open presents from my parents & I was spoiled with a pair of Guess heart earrings (hearts are my favourite shape, Guess is my favourite "I Want" brand)
I also was lucky enough to get 3 OPI nailpolishes. The pink, sparkly one is called Princesses Rule - how apt is that?
Seen in the picture below is the cute little hat I bought - my mom has a purple variation.


On Tuesday, my 2 bosses sang happy birthday over the phone, which was really sweet :-)

Tee gave me an awesome start to my day, with a 1D birthday card - she even managed to include 3 pictures I have not seen before (that is no mean feat of it's own!)


Another friend also sent me a 1D birthday wish (and she is the one who teases me the most) I love how she randomly scratched out the name Ashley - ha ha ha!

A work colleague surprised me with a nice bottle of Alto, another colleague gave me a pretty cellphone charm and compact mirror and 2 other ladies gave me money to put towards my coffee machine.

That night (after working late instead of leaving at 12:00) I was late for my own party. I was so upset after the truly terrible day, that I contemplated cancelling the evening, but the girls were already on their way, so I had to go. I am glad I did in the end. 
The girls and I went to my favourite steak restaurant - HQ.
We all wore feather boas - a tradition I think I might carry through - it started last year at my party in Parys and I like the boas, they are fun and make for colourful pictures.
The girls also spoiled me with @Home vouchers to put towards my coffee machine and Tee took it 1 step further and included a magazine with One Direction posters and an interview.
I love that my friends know me so well to know what will make me grin like an idiot smile

JR arranged for a colleague to buy me a bunch of flowers because he was in Cape Town - how sweet is that?
On Wednesday night, my friend TT took me out for sushi and wine and I was lucky enough to get another present: a gorgeous purple snood. I am looking forward to wearing it tomorrow now that the weather has become rather chilly. The colour is perfect, as most of my wardrobe this season is purple and grey.

So I really have been a spoilt girl.

The best part about birthdays - besides being spoiled with presents - is the people who put special thought into writing a nice letter or picking out a simple gift, but putting thought into it. 
This is the time where I see who my true friends are. And I must tell you, I am a very lucky lady.

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!
    It seems like you had so much fun though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.