Tuesday 15 November 2011

Paradise that is....

... .....Phi Phi Islands


After an extremely long wait on a stuffy boat, we eventually arrived on the Phi Phi Islands on Monday. A walk through the town to get to our hotel was a fun way to see the area and see what was up for sale.

The islanders are not as friendly as on Phuket, but at the same time also not as insistent at trying to get you to buy something.

I finally got to see a gorgeous wood carving for the wall and I really want it, but I am not sure whether we will be allowed to take it back into the country.
Arriving at our hotel- The Bay Resort - we were awestruck. Literally on the beach. The sea sand leads right up to the stairs of reception to check in. Our room is on the 1st row and as I type this I am lying on my bed looking out at the tree covered mountains and the gorgeous sea with the little wooden boats sailing by. The water is sparkling turquoise that leads into a dark blue. Oh my goodness, we have arrived in paradise!

We can swim on this private beach whenever we want to,we just have to roll down the hill!


Our first night we had a group dinner buffet style at the hotel overlooking the water.


I never thought I would say this, but I am getting a bit tired of the rice and curries and prawns (yes I have eaten prawns almost every day!) I have been craving some pizza!


 Afterwards we visited a place called Hippie Bar and watched the Firedancers perform their magic. Its a great show to watch. The bartender also gave me a free Mojito- score! :-)


Yesterday we took a boat tour out to all the islands. The speed boat collected us on the beach and off we went. With stops at Maya Bay (the famous beach in the movie The Beach) and Monkey Island (where people can feed the monkeys) Bamboo Island (no bamboo in sight) and also Viking Island, we got to swim in each areas seas and watch the little yellow and black fish devour slices of bread. These fishes are not scared of you and swim literally 3cm in front of you.


The scenery surrounding us while swimming was breathtaking as the magnificent rock faces rose majestically out of the water around us.

You could feel their presence as they watched over us and marvelled at all they have silently seen before us.

Do not diss our hats - they saved many a sunburnt nose!



Practising: - This is my expression if I were a rich snob who owned her own boat



Exhausted at the end of the day, we nibbled on fresh pineapple and watermelon pieces as we were dropped back on our beach. A few hours to recover and find ourselves a white tshirt and we joined the group for a western style dinner. After some huge pitchers of cocktails (Tee and I shared the Sexy Beach) and Towers (literally) of beer, we began writing and painting all over each other. The things that came out were hilarious:-

"I am gay- and not in a happy way"

"Rub and tug- 5 Baht"

"I can Ping Pong better"

"Does this shirt make me look gay"

"I like to Phi Phi (pee pee)"

Fan: - Mandatory in the heat of Thailand


We paged through a tattoo book and I was so tempted to get a little chinese sign (Love) on my hip. I've been wanting to do it forever and to get it in Thailand would be awesome!

We made our way to another bar called Slinkys and watched an even more spectacular Firedancing show. Around midnight we made our way home and showered and fell into bed. Exhausted!

Today is a go slow day. We dragged ourselves out of bed to quickly get breakfast and now we are relaxing. We will be going for a massage just now - I would like the coconut massage- and then some bits of shopping and then lounging on the beach to try get a tan.

I have been slathering on the 20SPF sunscreen and as a result I am not tanning. As you put it on, you have a swim then you re-apply and so it repeats! Its just too hot to lie still for long enough to get a tan!

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.