Thursday 17 November 2011

Bye Bye Thailand (and the end of these holiday posts)

Our final dinner in Aonang was at a restaurant overlooking the sea. Thanks to some well-placed fans, we managed not to melt completely. I sat next to a couple that I hadn't really gotten to know and spent sometime getting to know them.
Phil is a personal trainer and as a result has some nice biceps going on. The one elephant guide had felt his arms and said, "Nice strong muscles. Mmmhh you have strong cock too!" that same guide asked one of the girls if she was a 'She-lady". Ah boy we had a good laugh!


not melting yet

After dinner the group went out to get completely smashed and Tee and I did what we do best... Shopping. Truth be told we actually went shopping for another bag as we had no more space left for our copious number of purchases. And to think I went to Thailand expecting to buy a small gift for the people who helped me tremendously in getting ready for this trip and in the end I went crazy. My mom is going to get spoiled but she us always so much fun to buy presents for.

The next morning was a late start for all of us and after packing we spent a bit of time by the pool before heading back to Patong beach.

After a brief goodbye to the people we liked, we took a slow, heavily laden walk to our next hotel. Eventually the weight of our bags forced us to get a Tuk Tuk. Good thing as it turns out that we were going the wrong way! Yikes!

We were going to spend our last evening having dinner on the beach at the same place we had enjoyed our first dinner. However, my body had other plans and I ended up spending dinner time vomitting in the bathroom. It wasn't from anything I ate or drank so it could have been a bug. I'm still feeling drained and my stomach is sensitive now.

I had wanted to spent the last morning lounging on the beach and working on my tan. Thanks to my SPF20 it doesn't look like much. Instead I spent it in bed and I managed some last minute shopping before the heat got the better of me.

And here we are sitting at Starbucks (who have been our saving grace in the land that does not have any decent coffee) AND they have free wi-fi.

these are our sad faces

We have a 3 hour wait for our next flight. Then 10 hours later it's back to the real world. I don't even want to contemplate all the work that is waiting for me!

I adored Thailand. The beauty exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend a visit to all of you. I loved bartering over prices, I loved meeting the friendly stall workers, I loved exploring the beauty of a foreign land and getting to know a foreign culture. I love that prawns a pineapples are staple foods.

I should have bought this shirt - it should have been written in Thai!


Saying all that- I don't think I will will be eating any rice or prawns for a while. I'm looking forward to a nice juicy steak and a good glass (or bottle) of red wine.

I look forward to constant BBM and FB on my Blackberry without having to rely on wi-fi and I look forward to seeing my babies again. I have missed my fluff balls terribly!

Photobucket

2 Comments:

  1. thanks for taking us through your journey to southeast asia! love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had such a lovely time.
    we've been back three days and already missing it.
    post coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.