Sunday 1 May 2011

Friends

I love my friends - all of them - because they are hand-picked by me to be in my life.


I am especially loving my girls who have recently been there for me without even knowing it.


This past long weekend we have seen alot of each other & it really has been fun.


My weekend went something like this:


    My obsession: Johan
  • Went to the last ever performance of Eden - was bittersweet. Was awesome when Jay saw me in the crowd & excitedly waved at me and the entire audience turned as one to see Who on earth ? he was waving at. Tee & I have had many fun evenings watching Our Boys & we have tons of self-portraits to show for it
  • Watched Limitless - what an awesome movie.  Bradley Cooper is a hottie, but I enjoyed the way he portrayed his character. Lunch at Fego Cafe and shopping at Woolies afterwards.I have a long list of things I need for the house: Blind for bathroom, storage for bath towels, new duvet cover, new lampshade
  • Watched The Back up Plan & 17 Again because Tee twisted my rubber arm & I do so like me a bit of Zac....
  • Went through to a school friend's wedding (this was the dilemma on an outfit to wear) I ended up wearing a Ginger Mary dress I had just bought for work as the weather was cold. It was perfect & I got some nice compliments. (After trying the Big Blue skirt on, my fat hips made it look frumpy - however as per my original promise, I did say the person to help me most would receive a photo and see who the real Flirty30 is - winner: keep an eye out!)
  • Caught up after the wedding with dinner with some friends & slept at my parents house
  • Noah came to visit & spent the entire day playing with him. Afterwards, mom cut my hair into the new style which I am loving
  • Shopping at Melrose Arch with some delicious milkshakes at the Protea Fire & Ice
  • Had sushi dinner at YuMe - their Dim Sum and Salmon Roses are to die for
  • Got together at Design Quarter & did some serious shopping. I found a lampshade, duvet cover, bathroom blind & basket for bath towels.


  • To reward ourselves we went to 1 of my favourite places: Buddha Ta. They have a specialty Mojito called a Candy Mojito. I can't even tell you how divine it is. You get a martini glass of Candy Floss and the mojito gets poured on top of it and the candyfloss melts. It is such a treat & just Too Divine
  • Ended it off with more sushi at CTFM with my friend T - her & her husband are going through the process of adoption as they are unable to have children of their own. They have asked me to help them create a profile for when they are picked as a possible match. The natural mother reads all their profiles and picks them that way. So I want to design a storybook written as kiddies story: Once upon a time there was a girl named T.... she met G and they fell in love..... I think that will be fun.
  • Throughout the weekend I laughed so hard with my girls. I am so blessed to have them in my life & to be able to share everything with them - the good & the bad.
  • I have booked a table at my favourite restaurant in Parys: Ruby's.(Another one of my birthday traditions) We'll be donning our feather boas and having a girls day out - Mom, Tee, AC, Li & myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.