Saturday 1 January 2011

Cocktails, Men & Fun

My year ended and began with:
  • A marriage proposal
  • An adultery proposal
  • A sex proposal
3 different men. None of them QT

How's that for surreal?

I have never been a fan of New Years Eve parties, but 2010 was a fun ending for me.

I spent the morning with Bebe, we made some breakfast and had a lazy morning chatting.

I went home and being alone my thoughts naturally drifted again to QT.

I was feeling quite maudlin until I arrived at J's house to spend the evening with him and Li. J made us pizza dough (from scratch) and we made up our custom pizzas which we cooked in the Weber.




The heart pizza is mine - before going into the fire

Pizza 1 - good enough to eat - & I did!
Some delicious Alto Rouge accompanied our pizza feast. We played Scene It ( a movie quiz) on X Box and had a blast.

I got to bed at 2:30 and I had a twinge of sadness, but overall, I was happy that I got to see in the new year with some good friends.

My first day of 2011 ended with a lovely evening spent with my parents. We had some dinner and really good laughs and I find myself appreciating these special moments with my parents more and more.


It was only the 3 of us - once I get married it won't just be the 3 of us - and as much as I long for the day I can finally have my husband share these special times with my folks & me - I am glad I have these memories.

Why am I still feeling sadness?

My confidence has taken a bit of a knock.

No girl wants to admit that a guy who was totally crazy about her, gradually decided that he didn't want her anymore.
I keep wondering what I could have done differently, should I have said this or that... the usual.

Yes I have said before that it is probably best we ended it - but it still doesnt make the sting of rejection any easier. It is still really difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that someone decided I wasn't enough for them.

I am looking forward to moving on - I suppose it is the natural process of healing.... and I look forward to getting though a whole day without constantly thinking about him and missing him.

At my age - You dont spend 9 months of your life with someone not to be hurt when it doesnt work out.

Bring on 2011:
There are cocktails to be drank, men to be met and fun to be had!!

*In case you are wondering: I turned all 3 proposals down!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.