Monday 22 November 2010

"You need to lose weight"

The other day a colleague came up to me and said the following - almost word for word:
You really need to lose weight. When you started working with us, you were such a pretty girl. Now you are fat, your face is fat and your boobs are too big. You need to find a husband and get married and have children. You used to be such a beautiful girl, but you must lose weight so you can be beautiful again 
I was so flabbergasted, that I walked away - it is not often that I am speechless, this was one of those times.

She was right about 1 thing: I do need to lose weight, not to get married and have children, but to feel better about myself

I have started walking and I am watching what I eat. I think the main problem is that I don't eat breakfast and that slows down my metabolism and then I eat toast for dinner when I am home (starch - not healthy) I will get there in time, I need to get over losing my cat, losing my boyfriend and trying to keep my sanity.

I began remembering back to about a year ago when my friend AC mentioned to her husband that I had a nice cleavage and they didn't look real. The joke started about the Twins (funny because I am a Gemini which is represented by the Twins)
Eventually it grew and we even made a Facebook group for them and everyone joined in on the fun. It is nice to have a feature that people admire and it boosts the confidence (besides, if they are looking at my cleavage, they aren't looking at my Butt! ;-)

Let me show you a few photos from the Group:


 A year on and I have put on about 5kgs and now I try to only get my head in the frame when taking photos and needless to say - The Twins group is no more!

These are the only 2 pics I could find of the Twins, and you will notice I don't wear plunging necklines anymore, the Twins might try come out to play!


Hopefully one day I will be in better shape and can go back to the pretty tops and my beautiful 36C bras....

5 Comments:

  1. When this happens to me - and oh my, despite me being a size 8 to 10, it does! - I always reply, ''Well, I can always lose weight, but you're always going to stuck with that ugly face''.

    People can be so damn cheeky. I was at a deli in New York once when a woman at the table next to me leaned across and said, ''You've got such a beautiful face, it's just such a shame you're so fat'' to which I replied, ''Yep, I might be fat, but hey, at least I'm not a bitch like you.''

    Want met to come over and beat them up for you? Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - please come here and tell her!!
    And yes, she is ugly! Never wears any makeup or makes an effort with herself at all!
    And yes she is a bitch - as per above post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaa Kate!

    Since she mentioned the change in you a worthy response would be: When I first came to work here I thought you were a smart, kind and amusing woman. Now I know you are must "funny".

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay ladies, who are all these people calling you fat?! send them my way and i'll let them have it. :) don't make me start telling those mean "yo mama" jokes to these people :)

    and i agree, you can lose weight, but you can't lose the ugly! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheeky buggers! I also need to lose 5+ kgs..... that's 5+5kgs.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.