Wednesday 24 November 2010

My infamous Flirtillinis

Ok so obviously they are named after me, but that would be telling! :-)

In the spirit(excuse the pun) of the Festive Season I thought I would share my secret recipe for the most delicious (and only) cocktail I have successfully created.

It is a type of a spin on an Apple Martini, but I prefer sweet drinks and this is just up my alley.

RaceCar is not allowed to drink due to his Kidney failure, but even he enjoys a glass of my special Flirtillini.

So without further waffling - here is the recipe - let me know how yours turns out:

Flirtillinis


*1 Green Apple - not sweet.
*Chilled Appletiser - (sparkling apple juice)
*Chilled Vodka
*Chilled Green Apple Sourz 
*Some green Oros powder (the kind you use to mix Oros coldrink) or sour green apple jelly powder would also work
*Pretty Martini glasses


1: Slice up apple into pieces and let soak in a saucer of Apple Sourz (this prevents the apple from going brown and also gives it a delicious flavour)
2: Dip finger in water and run around the edge of each glass - immediately dip into a saucer that has enough Oros powder to coat the entire rim - set aside to harden
3: Pour 1 tot of Vodka and 2 tots of Apple Sourz into the glass
4: Top up with Applestiser
5: Make a slit in your apple piece, dip the top into the Oros mixture and position slit side over rim of glass
6: Drink and enjoy!


Warning - guests make request top ups, make enough apple slices just in case!

1 Comments:

  1. I will have to save this in my cocktail file! I haven't been making them lately which is sad. I've been in wine moods!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.