Monday 22 November 2010

The Book Bitches

I started our bookclub in May 2009 with the purpose of saving money on books and letting my respective friends meet.

We grew to 9 members, but the original 4. But the new members were recruits of a friend and just didn't fit in with us at all.

So I fired 6 people for not conforming to the rules (hence our new name: The Book Bitches)
 
What were the rules?
 
Champagne is compulsory and you have to have a theme when you host. Not difficult is it?
 
Past themes have included:
 
Funny hats
Uncomfortable shoes
Feather boas
Slippers
Something sparkly
Cleavage Day
High Tea
 
We have had lots of fun and read so many books I would not have ordinarily bought, but thoroughly enjoyed.

1 Comments:

  1. I want to join a book club in 2011! That is one of my "to dos"

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.