Monday 27 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter W


W is for ...Weddings



We recently attended the wedding of one of my high school friends. My backup husband when I reached 40.

Both of us have thus far managed to be the only 2 single people amongst our high school friends because we share similar ideas about marriage; Don't compromise, do it properly.

Just over a year ago, he met the most perfect woman. She is bubbly, intelligent and genuinely nice. she shares his interests in activities and she compliments him beautifully.

The wedding was at a gorgeous garden venue, complete with hidden pathways and secret spots. 






The ceremony was short and sweet and it was infused with some fun moments and laughter, very different from the conventional stuffy ceremonies I have attended.

A deluge just after the ceremony on our way to the reception dinner was unfortunate, but luckily the wet weather abated in time for our dinner.

All in all, it was 1 of my favourite weddings. (also... not being a bridesmaid, meant I got to enjoy it a whole lot more)

I have found that as I get older, my idea of the "perfect wedding" has changed very much.
I no longer want every single person I have ever met, to be there. I want my close friends and family. I want an intimate affair so that I get a chance to talk to everyone at the wedding.
I also know that I will be wearing comfortable shoes!

2 Comments:

  1. My wife and I ran off and got married in Jamaica. It was perfect for us.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you and your wife had the right idea Timothy. Weddings are hard work and lots of money!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.