Tuesday 28 April 2015

{April A-Z Challenge} The Letter X

X is for X-Ray


Not my x-ray.

You are looking at a photo of my cat. Impaled by a metal pole.

I never believed that a cat had 9 lives until I found my cat lying in the garden of the unit below me, meowing.

I lost a few lives of my own as I tried to remain calm whilst pulling the pole out of the ground and trying not to move him too much. 
Greys Anatomy taught me to never remove a log impaling 2 people after a train-wreck metal pole protruding from the top of the cat's "armpit" to his groin.

My boyfriend at the time and I- squeezed into the car- pole and all and raced to the vet.

Miraculously he had survived his fall from the top floor and had survived the pole-skewering as it had missed all his vital organs.

4 days in hospital and he was on the road to a full recovery. 

To this day, I cringe when I look at this x-ray. To think of the pain he must have been in; yet he let me pick him up and hardly struggled at all.

Sadly, a few years ago, he went missing and I never saw him again :-(

2 Comments:

  1. OMG!! I cringed when I read your article... Glad your cat still has (hopefully) eight lives left!!

    --Mee (The Chinese Quest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Mee.
      He went missing, but I do hope he found another family who love him and he is living out his other 8 there!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.