Thursday 1 August 2013

Through the Eyes of a Princess

I love taking photos - I always have.
One of the first things I spent my pocket-money on was a little camera (the long thin types)
For my 16th birthday I was treated to a Samsung Film Camera - it cost R999 ($100) (18 years ago that was a lot of money, especially for my parents) I still have that camera and I will never part with it.

Last year I treated myself to a Canon and I am still loving every second of it (even if it spends more time in the closet than out in the field)

I take hundreds of photos, share them online and then store them on my Hard Drive.
Nobody ever really gets to see them and enjoy them.
I have recently mounted a few of my photos into frames which are now displayed on my wall along the staircase, but those 13 photos are a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands I have stored.

Hard Personalised Cover
A few years back I saw the Photobooks and fell in love with the idea of having a stylish coffee-table-style book filled with photos for people to browse through.

I made myself my first book with my Thailand photos and loved the idea so much, promptly made a second book with all my day to day photos.
I have recently completed my Europe Holiday photobook and will send to print when I have some spare cash. Next I will begin work on "Through the Eyes of a Princess II"

The design work is fun because you can do anything you like! I use some of my photos as backgrounds, make a collage, frame them, drop shadow them, add scrapbooking looking embellishment images... the list is endless.
Terrible Cellphone images - sorry!

The books are professionally bound and the pages are glossy and thick enough not to tear very easily. A scrapbook album looks lovely but it becomes bulky and the embellishments and paper can get torn so easily.


 


What do you do with your digital photos?


Photobucket

3 Comments:

  1. Great idea to share the photos. We always buy vouchers for photobooks from MyMemory.com - great specials and they ship for free around SA!
    I really need to print more photos.
    But also, I need to take better photos. Less snap, more focus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check them out! Always looking for good deals as these books can be quite pricey

      Delete
  2. I remember you getting your new camera; you put some great photo's on here back then! I'm the same as you; I get books made up of my photo's and the ones I really love get made up into wall canvases. I also store my photo's online as I lost a fair few when my hard drive decided to blow up - as stupid as it sounds, I was devastated!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.