Tuesday 30 July 2013

July Cooking Challenge Week 5 (belated)



Apologies for the belated post!

Week 5:
Challenge: Vegetarian (I love my meat, so I chose an alternate version of the Mac 'n Cheese ) -Beer & Bacon Mac & Cheese
Level: Medium purely because the prep requires a bit of time
Food Photography: Easy - it's impossible to mess up a photo of melted cheese!
Result: 8/10 The Beer taste is a winner - but I found upon re-heating, the taste had diminished a bit and wasn't as tasty as the night it was cooked

A word of advice though - ensure you have all your ingredients for the sauce measured out and sitting next to you by the stove.
As soon as you pour that beer into the flour and butter mixture, the sauce thickens very quickly and you need to quickly add your cream and milk.
The breadcrumbs topping was a tasty addition and so delicious when all cooked.

I halfed the recipe and still have a truck-load of food!

I am going to EAT YOU UP!!

Comfort Food Deluxe
Remember to visit Simply Delicious for many more tasty recipes and to join the challenge, click the button on my homepage or visit Claudz on Purple Lips and Perfect Smiles

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. In some countries bacon is a vegetable so this is legit. Right?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.