Wednesday 26 June 2013

July Recipe a Week Cooking Challenge

Week 1:
Challenge: Cornflake Chicken
Level: Easy
Food Photography: Flippen Difficult
Result: 7/10

End Result

I chose this recipe because I love KFC's deep fried crispy skin and it is just sooo bad for my hips.

The food prep is really easy and even a novice like myself had no problems.

Buttermilk, some spices, cornflakes and you are ready to go.
("Use a rolling Pin to crush flakes" Don't own a rolling pin? Novice Cook Tip: Use a can of tomatoes instead)

Cornflake Coating


The smell of the paprika permeating the air had me waiting in anticipation to taste what I had created.



I had problems with my chicken taking much longer than 25 minutes (on 220) to cook, so I was somewhat disappointed because I had to keep returning it to the oven. (This being a new oven and with a few previous meals, I suspect that I have to add on extra time.)

The result looked amazing. A very crunchy, healthy alternative.

Next time I will attempt this recipe with chicken fillets as I think it may be alot easier to eat without cutting the chicken off the bone.

Side Dishes:

Coleslaw
Garden Salad
Dessert:

Friend's Homemade Chocolate Fudge Ripple Ice-cream 

To make this meal yourself, view it on Simply Delicious's blog



To join the challenge - click the button to Claudz's website on my homepage, or here: Purple Lips & Perfect Smiles


Photobucket

3 Comments:

  1. We use wine bottles instead of rolling pins :)
    I love the cat salad utensils!

    This looks amazing. Your photos are great and the food looks good enough to eat.

    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudz - I would say thanks for the challenge, but let's chat closer to the end! :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.