Monday 10 June 2013

Deep Breathe and Jump

I am really gob-smacked at how quickly time flies - and I am not even having fun!

I didn't get to finish the Blog everyday in May challenge and that is because of my birthday. I would like to say I celebrated so much that I am still recovering, alas, quite the opposite.

In the 5 years I have worked for my company I have had 3/5 really bad birthdays. I took a full day leave so as not to have a repeat of my birthday last year (I was late for my own plans and I cried on the way home)

Despite the good intentions, my 1st call of the day was my boss. Not to wish me (he had forgotten) but to ask me to do work. I reminded him it was my birthday and for the following response: "oh, happy birthday... so can you find out what is happening and let me know?"
After that 2 work colleagues knowing I was off for the day, still bothered me with unimportant work stuff that could have waited for the following day.

Instead of a fun day at mom's work having my hair done and being spoilt by my mom, I sat in tears in the beauty salon and cried in front of strangers.
I had wanted to make a big change, but in light of my high emotions, we played it safe.
I cut off 6cm, dyed my hair dark brown and added a few red streaks.

Mom then painted my nails with an awesome new nail polish called Liquid Sand. It's dark grey with flecks of red glitter. Once you get used to the rough texture, it's really funky.
I think my mom is more in tune with the latest fashions than I am!


The girls were quite sweet and arranged this for me:


I will never get my birthday back. It's ruined forever.
My mom was excited to spend a birthday with me having some girl time and instead she had to watch me on my phone and hand me tissues.

So I made a decision. A big decision. I will share soon.

But this is why I have not been blogging since 29 May.

I miss it, and I find it extremely therapeutic. I will still finish the Blog Everyday in May challenge... eventually.

Photobucket

1 Comments:

  1. Happy (late) Birthday! My work used to be the same as yours; I just got to the point you're at now and told them it had to stop, and if it didn't then I would leave. I don't mind working the long hours because I'm in a "position of responsibility", and I do get well paid and have great benefits, BUT when the phone calls started when I was at home (once I was at a Red Sox Game - I mean - no fricking way!) then it had gone too far. It's a nightmare and one you can do without. Huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for stopping by.